“Personal information” herein means the personal information set forth in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, which is any information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or any other description contained in such information, as well as any information that can identify the specific individual by itself, including data on appearance, fingerprints or voiceprints, and the insurer number on a health insurance card (personal identification information).
02Method of Collecting Personal Information
When a user registers to use the services, the Company may ask the user to provide personal information, such as the name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, or driver’s license number. The Company may also collect such information from its business partners (including information providers, advertisers, and ad serving outlets; hereinafter the “Partner”) that pertains to records of transactions or payments executed between a user and the Partner that includes the personal information of the user.
03Purpose of Collecting/Using Personal Information
The Company may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and manage the services of the Company
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification)
- To send e-mail to provide information about new features and update the services used by users, campaigns, or other services of the Company
- To give notice of maintenance and other important notices on an as-needed basis
- To identify a user who violates the terms of service or attempts to use a service for an illegal or unjustifiable purpose to refuse the user’s use of the service
- To enable a user to view, change, or delete the registration information or to check the usage records
- To charge a user for paid services used by the user
- Other purposes that are incidental to any of the above
04Change of Purpose of Use
- The Company may change the purpose of using personal information only if it is objectively relevant to the previous purpose.
- After the purpose of use is changed, the Company shall notify users of the purpose after the change or publish it on the Website as prescribed by the Company.
05Third Party Provision of Personal Information
- Except in the following cases, the Company shall not provide the personal information of a user to any third party without advance consent from that user. However, this does not apply where it is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other legislation:
- When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- When it is especially necessary for the improvement of public health or promotion of healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national government agency, local public entity, or a person entrusted thereby to perform any business stipulated in legislation, and obtaining the consent of the person concerned is likely to interfere with the performance of the business
- When the Company announces or discloses the following items and submits a report to the Personal Information Protection Commission in advance:
- A statement that the purpose of use includes third party provision
- Items of data to be provided to a third party
- The means or method of third party provision
- A statement that third party provision of personal information will be discontinued at the request of the person concerned
- The way to accept the request from the person concerned
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, a recipient of the information does not fall under a third party in any the following cases:
- When the Company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided incidental to succession of business due to a merger or other grounds
- When personal information is jointly used with a specific person, and the Company in advance provides the person concerned with notice to such effect and the information on the items of personal information to be jointly used, scope of joint users, purpose of use by users, and name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information, or provides them in a such state where the person concerned can be easily aware of them
06Disclosure of Personal Information
- When so requested by the person concerned, the Company shall disclose personal information to the person without delay; provided that if disclosing the information gives rise to any of the following items, the Company may not disclose all or part of it, and when it is decided not to disclose it, the Company shall give notice to such effect without delay. When disclosing personal information, the Company shall charge a fee of 1,000 yen for each request.
- When it is likely to cause damage to the life, body, property, or other interests of the person concerned or a third party
- When it is likely to significantly interfere with the adequate operation of business of the Company
- When it violates legislation
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not disclose history information, characteristic information, or other information that is not personal information.
07Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If a user finds that the personal information retained by the Company contains an error, the user may request that the Company correct, add to, or delete the personal information (hereinafter “Correction”) through the procedure prescribed by the Company.
- After the request of the user is received under the preceding paragraph, if the Company finds that Correction is necessary, the Company shall make the Correction of the personal information without delay.
- When the Company makes the Correction under the preceding paragraph or decides not to make the Correction, the Company shall notify the user without delay.
08Discontinuance of Use of Personal Information
- If a user requests discontinuance of the use or deletion of personal information (hereinafter “Discontinuance of Use”) on the grounds that the information is handled beyond the purpose of use, or it has been collected through illegal means, the Company shall make the necessary investigation without delay.
- If the Company finds that Discontinuance of Use is necessary based on the results of the investigation under the preceding paragraph, the Company shall implement the Discontinuance of Use regarding the personal information without delay.
- When the Company implements the Discontinuance of Use under the preceding paragraph, or decides not to implement the Discontinuance of Use, the Company shall notify the user without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, the Company shall implement an alternative measure if Discontinuance of Use requires a large expense, or it is otherwise difficult to implement the Discontinuance of Use, and such measure is available to protect the interests of the user.